JPF Home Page
Posted By: Sunset Poet Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/22/21 01:16 AM
Brian,

You should have a section titled..."INSPIRATIONS" so that there would be a place to put videos like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azzc5odj9V4

And get a glass of wine before you sit down to listen to this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SQg3hVt44Q

Posted By: JAPOV Re: BRIAN.... - 04/22/21 01:39 AM
https://youtu.be/o0U3mVKLTOk

Posted By: JAPOV Re: BRIAN.... - 04/22/21 01:58 AM
Watch him carefully... His fingers cover 6+ frets with ease. Like a guitar was ever meant to be played like that lol! smile
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: BRIAN.... - 04/22/21 03:21 AM
Yeah Japov, thats why songs are so important, there are musician around the world who kick any of modern musics stars arse.

Even Mark Knopfler who is considered a guitarists guitarist, says he goes to Brazil and somebody in a coffee shop would be better than he is.

But they didnt write sultans of a swing.

Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: BRIAN.... - 04/22/21 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by JAPOV
Watch him carefully... His fingers cover 6+ frets with ease. Like a guitar was ever meant to be played like that lol! smile

Another thing that makes me envious....

When his ring finger and long finger are pressed to the fretboard, his index finger and pinky still move with a lot independence, freedom and fluidity.
I wish that my left hand could do that so well, but it doesn't. emo It just doesn't.

This man was born to play. Like Eric Johnson and his ET fingers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nd7EZ3k39s
Posted By: John Lawrence Schick Re: BRIAN.... - 04/22/21 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Sunset Poet

When his ring finger and long finger are pressed to the fretboard, his index finger and pinky still move with a lot independence, freedom and fluidity.
I wish that my left hand could do that so well, but it doesn't. emo It just doesn't.

Hey Sunset! When I was studying music, my piano teacher gave me finger dexterity calisthenics. They really work to make each finger independent. Basically, they’re like this, with many variations. Hold the 1st, 3rd, and 5th finger down on a flat service. Then play 2 t0 4, 4 to 2, etc. Start very slow, but evenly. Gradually increase speed. Then hold down 2 & 4, while playing 1to 3 to 5 to 3 and repeat. Or hold down 1 & 2 and do the same playing with 3 to 4 to 5. Anyway, there’s thousands of variations. After several months of this routine, I guarantee your fingers with be more independent. About a half hour each day.

Best, John smile
Posted By: John Voorpostel Re: BRIAN.... - 04/22/21 08:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8RkZ0jlna8&ab_channel=KidsGotTalent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfAw7IwUq3E&ab_channel=BreakingTalentsShowcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrnj2IJZC08&ab_channel=TalentRecap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gQ7m0c4ReI&ab_channel=MarcinVEVO

More mind blowing play
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: BRIAN.... - 04/23/21 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by John Lawrence Schick

Hey Sunset! When I was studying music, my piano teacher gave me finger dexterity calisthenics. They really work to make each finger independent. Basically, they’re like this, with many variations. Hold the 1st, 3rd, and 5th finger down on a flat service. Then play 2 t0 4, 4 to 2, etc. Start very slow, but evenly. Gradually increase speed. Then hold down 2 & 4, while playing 1to 3 to 5 to 3 and repeat. Or hold down 1 & 2 and do the same playing with 3 to 4 to 5. Anyway, there’s thousands of variations. After several months of this routine, I guarantee your fingers with be more independent. About a half hour each day.

Best, John smile

Thank you John. I'm going to give it a try.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: BRIAN.... - 05/09/21 12:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkmreOfpmOs

Young woman playing LET IT BE on the acoustical guitar
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: BRIAN.... - 05/14/21 01:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xllMec9CYkQ

Young woman playing Stairway on the piano

Posted By: JAPOV Re: BRIAN.... - 05/14/21 05:37 PM
Just damn! I can play drums, and I can finger pick a guitar... but I've never been able to make my hands do two different things at the same time on a piano!
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: BRIAN.... - 05/15/21 01:01 AM
I dont know anything about the world of very good and excellent musicians, but she seems gifted to me. That flourish that she did at about 1:40 sounded flawless and gorgeous to my ears.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: BRIAN.... - 06/20/21 03:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTUw7N4oOCE
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: BRIAN.... - 06/20/21 03:59 PM
I think her real gift is in the arranging the songs for her finger picking style. It's like most music, aside from classical and jazz, the genius is creating it, not so much copying it. Most competent musicians can do this, just as most competent musicians can play every note the BEatles ever played, but then there's that little part of they came up with it. It is beautiful finger picking regardless of whether or not its virtuistic

I used to think she was just some random girl, but then i saw her playing with Tommy Emanuel, she seems older with him but still nice to have a celeb endorsement. shes a views machine...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQHVzFLsfZ8
Posted By: John Voorpostel Re: BRIAN.... - 06/20/21 04:20 PM
Some folks are born with "gifted fingers"...long spidery fingers like Robert Johnson pictures show...Terry Bradshaw was asked what made him a great quarterback..his answer?? "Have you seen the size of my hands?? All good QBs have coal shovel hands...gift of birth....guess it's simply the same with guitarists who learn to play..they can reach more frets and strings..not like my stubbies at all

And I guess what John talked about... practicing lots...is key in developing the muscle memory that playing with two hands...guitar or piano or flute etc ...requires

I think that is behind that saying about 10,000 hours of practice at anything makes you an expert...or competent or...??
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: BRIAN.... - 06/20/21 04:25 PM
What makes you a great QB today is size, strength and speed, lol everything.

At one time you could be the slowest guy on the team not move an inch and still be a super bowl quarterback, not any more. Even the defensive linemen run the fortyin under 5. Linebackers as fast as running backs.

But I still think vision is what makes a quarterback great. The abliity to find the open man while under pressure, is a gift not many have. Tom Bradys specialty, and he;s 6"5, which alot of teams wont even consider drafting you unless you are 6"5. Smaller guys have made it too, but its less predictable. Hand size yes, important for being able to grip the ball. Have you ever tried throwing a pro football? I can throw it 25 yards if im lucky....
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: BRIAN.... - 06/20/21 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Fdemetrio
I think her real gift is in the arranging the songs for her finger picking style.

That's why I keep coming back to her videos. She is one of those people who can feel their way through a song and it comes out beautifully because these arrangements are something born within them.

I dont think that she is the same woman who played with TE. That woman's face and facial features appear rounder and blunter to me. Not sure.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: BRIAN.... - 06/20/21 09:57 PM
Same name. Sure looks different
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: BRIAN.... - 06/21/21 10:17 PM
Confirmed... > https://galleri.gabriellaquevedo.com/#home

That link is on her youtube page. She does look alot different, strange.

But credit to her, on her bio on her website she doesnt even mention playing with him, and i dont believe her views are because of that. She just seems like a school girl who loves her dad and helps her mom bake cookies.

She does mention him in one sentence here...

http://www.gabriellaquevedo.com/about.html
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: BRIAN.... - 06/25/21 07:25 PM
This kid has half a million subscribers... 7 years old covering Max Weinberg...of Springsteen E Street band. Gotta love how he sings the song just as Max often does... lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02h5bS88x-Q
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: BRIAN.... - 07/01/21 12:46 PM
KInda cool...Always liked the song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bx9vTF8x2s
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney Re: BRIAN.... - 07/13/22 07:43 PM
Just freshening up a bit!
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: BRIAN.... - 08/08/22 12:39 PM

Piano version of "Bring Me To Life"
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: BRIAN.... - 08/08/22 12:52 PM

another piano interpretation of "Bring Me Back To Life." I dont know classical music but this version instinctively seems more classically based.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: BRIAN.... - 08/08/22 01:09 PM
Thirdly, the songwriter herself...
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: BRIAN.... - 11/19/22 04:27 PM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: BRIAN.... - 11/27/22 08:10 PM
Posted By: VNORTH2 Re: BRIAN.... - 11/27/22 08:31 PM
What is great about this is I don't think English is their first language...nicely done cover
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: BRIAN.... - 11/27/22 08:43 PM
Posted By: chesterb Re: BRIAN.... - 01/20/23 02:31 AM
Saw this last night on a facebook add, got to thinking man I wish I could play like that which would be cool and all but I grew up listening to singer songwriters and always wanted to be a wordsmith. 2 of the best in my opinion John Prine and Nanci Griffith "both recently passed away" kept the music simple and captivated you with the lyrics. Prine used common chords and just moved the capo around although he had a unique finger picking style. Nanci played in a lot of open tunings where 1, 2 or no fretted strings made a chord but they both wrote songs I only hope to emulate. They didn't have radio songs but long careers, I've been listening to them since high school along with Dylan.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: BRIAN.... - 01/26/23 11:22 PM
Rising Sun starts out a little rough, buts gets good as it moves.
Georgeous sounds. Talented harmonics. Wish I had this talent. cry

If this is not inspirational, you are not human...maybe

Posted By: chesterb Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 01/27/23 03:34 AM
Here's one. I would bet that guitar is tuned down 1/2 step to bend the strings like that.
Posted By: chesterb Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 01/27/23 03:37 AM
Here's one. I would bet that guitar is tuned down 1/2 step to bend the strings like that.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 01/28/23 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by John Voorpostel
If this is not inspirational, you are not human...maybe

Very very nice. Do not agree that if someone listens to it and does not feel overcome by emotion and connection to God...that they are less than human. I mean jeez. That's a powerful condemnation over not responding to a song. wink
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 01/28/23 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by chesterb

Sweet rendition of a beautiful solo. Love that song.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 01/30/23 01:51 AM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 01/30/23 08:28 PM
This woman gives an insightful critique to an incredible rendition.

Posted By: chesterb Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 02/01/23 11:34 PM
I don't listen to the radio much, I have all the cd's I could ever want. Most of what I listen to never made it that far, but I heard this the other day. It's like 4 songs in one. I think it's wonderfully crafted, I find inspiration in that.

Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 02/02/23 02:44 AM
I don't listen to the radio much, I have all the cd's I could ever want. Most of what I listen to never made it that far, but I heard this the other day. It's like 4 songs in one. I think it's wonderfully crafted, I find inspiration in that.

I was listening to it in the truck today. It's the type of song that makes you listen closely, being drawn in by relatable circumstances.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 02/05/23 12:31 PM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 02/05/23 03:06 PM
This video is very insightful and informative beginning at 3:40.

Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 02/13/23 09:08 PM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/12/23 02:05 AM
Posted By: JAPOV Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/12/23 02:30 AM
My Mom had all of JD's records back in the day... She has an old recording of her playing and me singing "Grandma's Feather Bed" when I was 8 lol. Takes me back smile
Posted By: chesterb Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/12/23 11:19 PM
Showing my age here, but this is great cover from yester year. As good if not better than The Band.

Posted By: VNORTH2 Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/13/23 03:11 PM
I’m not sure if this lady has ever been mentioned here before..she has a fascinating story....she passed away in 1996 from cancer virtually unknown...about 5-6 years later her album sold 10 million copies...she was unknown, not because she couldn’t get a label to sign her, many wanted to...she turned them all down because they wanted to make her into their image and she said no....that takes guts

Eva only sang covers but made them her own...like these ones....

Sting heard her version of Fields of Gold years later and said it was the best version of the song ever done...including his own and said he would never sing it again in public....he gave a copy to David Foster who contacted Michael Bolton who did a duet of Fields of Gold with Eva using tracks from her album ....Mick Fleetwood was a friend of hers and would sit in on some of her gigs in Washington

She was also one very good guitarist

one of the greatest voices ever... IMO

Posted By: VNORTH2 Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/13/23 03:52 PM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/13/23 06:22 PM
Chester & Steve,'
Thank you both for your additions. Enjoyed them all.

Steve...Always loved that Sting song. Her version is other worldly. Thanks much for the introduction to her. She has a new ardent admirer.
Marty
A great inspiration for me is Joni Mitchell, and the humility she has kept throughout her career and life, and specifically, her song "Both Sides Now." I find great inspiration in her second recording, late in her career, of the song.

It helps me stay in touch with how small I am...how small we all are, really...in the face of the vastness of space, time, and the mysteries of the universe. That, for me, is also a lifeline to "wonder" and retaining a sense of it as I age.

"Both Side Now." Wrote it in her early twenties, it became her signature tune, at least of her initial folk period. It's lyrically, at first glance, a song about her realizing how little she knew, how much she had to learn, and how life was going to be a great adventure:

And she sings it "on top of the beat" eager, anxious...and it all fits...

...and she goes on to have a remarkable career, with several distinct "periods" --and then decades later, towards the end of her career, her voice nicotine soaked, ragged and several notes lower, she revisits the song, singing these same words, "I've looked at life from both sides now/From win and lose and still somehow/it's life's illusions I recall/I really don't know life at all"

--and it's a really powerful moment. We know she wrote and sang the song in her youth, and that it took her writing the song, living a life, and then revisiting the song (much later in life) to lead to this moment, and to me it's devastating in it's beauty: she's singing behind the beat with a kind of jazz swagger now, she has lived and learned, and yet, she's still in touch with how "small" all that living and learning is in "the bigger picture", and is affirming that for her, life is STILL a questing, an adventure. Something beautiful ("life's/love's illusions") to render us speechless might be around the next corner. It's the most vulnerable, honest thing...and whenever I feel a need for inspiration, I want to re-connect with "wonder" and humility, I reach for this later performance of "Both Sides Now."
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/13/23 10:39 PM
I bought Judy Collins version of this song a thousand years ago.
Did not even know that Joni Mitchell wrote it. Incredible song. Beautiful melody. Beautiful lyrics. Beautiful execution.
They call a lot of songs "great."
"Both Sides Now" truly is great.

Thanks for posting.
Marty
Posted By: chesterb Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/13/23 10:44 PM
Mike. I always thought the lyrics to this song to be timeless and beautifully written. Ther's and acoustic instrumental on an old Nitty Gritty album (will the circle be unbroken) picked by Randy Scruggs that is awesome also.
Mike. I always thought the lyrics to this song to be timeless and beautifully written. Ther's and acoustic instrumental on an old Nitty Gritty album (will the circle be unbroken) picked by Randy Scruggs that is awesome also.

Thanks, just listened. Simple, elegant, beautiful instrumental rendition. I haven't heard Dirt Band's WTCBU in decades and forgot the song was on there!
I bought Judy Collins version of this song a thousand years ago.
Did not even know that Joni Mitchell wrote it. Incredible song. Beautiful melody. Beautiful lyrics. Beautiful execution.
They call a lot of songs "great."
"Both Sides Now" truly is great.

Thanks for posting.
Marty

I think Collins' version was how I first heard the song too as it was a radio hit in '69 (I think) and I didn't discover Joni Mitchell until the mid Seventies.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/18/23 12:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/wg0CF12J0TU
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/18/23 01:27 AM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/18/23 01:30 AM
Posted By: chesterb Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/18/23 02:06 AM
Enjoyed the last 3 Marty, Love me some Floyd. I have most of their stuff. Wish I had seen them live. Never heard that solo on a fiddle before, pretty amazing. I read somewhere that Waters had stage fright or something similar and the Dr. prescribed something that made him "comfortably numb."
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/20/23 01:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/zFc_QaFxNgk
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/25/23 04:05 PM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/26/23 01:54 AM
Put this one up for the "Tonester."

Posted By: JAPOV Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/26/23 02:18 AM
Ha! Thanks for that smile
I've mentioned Eva Cassidy here before Steve, ....wonderful talent lost too soon.......

Here is Joni talking to Elton John about some of her music...including both sides now

Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/26/23 06:21 PM
About 30 seconds into this one is Bob Seger and Jason Aldean doing "Against The Wind."
A treat to watch.

Posted By: chesterb Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/26/23 09:24 PM
Doing a little promotion along with videos that inspire. Justin plays bass for 3DD but is making waves as a solo artist. Talked to him at a bunch of shows and he hand crafted me a wallet with my profile tat on it, also sent me some picks in the mail. Check out his other songs. This song should be on country radio.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/29/23 04:10 PM
If the sound in this video doesnt get your endomorphins flowing, you might should go to the doctor and see if you need a shot of some kind.

Posted By: VNORTH2 Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/01/23 03:06 PM
Another great cover by Eva Cassidy...this lady knew how to sing a song...I really love her voice

Posted By: VNORTH2 Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/01/23 03:16 PM
If you're interested here is her story

Saw you post Eva before Steve...she is a wonderful gift for sure...been a fan for a number of years since discovering her....I have Live at Blues Allen and Nightbird (double) of that famed concert...

Actually took Nightbird on the road after you posted...and been listening to it

Do you know Annette Peacock???

Posted By: VNORTH2 Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/02/23 05:38 PM
JV posted

Do you know Annette Peacock???

I don't know her but I will definitely listen

Been following Eva for about 5 yrs now.2 things stuck out for me...her making of almost every song her own and all those who are in awe of her..I mean...Sting, Mick Fleetwood, David foster, Michael Bolton...she's up there with K.D. Lang in my books of singers interpreting a song their way..and she would not compromise or bend to what the suits wanted

Steve
Posted By: VNORTH2 Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/02/23 05:46 PM
P.S. the video is well done and tells a great story
Posted By: chesterb Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/17/23 11:35 PM
Saw this guy years ago at the Birchmere, Tony Rice and the Unit
https://fb.watch/jZA7_SlSA7/
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/18/23 12:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8cEsMp2U2cs
Posted By: chesterb Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/21/23 02:16 PM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/22/23 04:20 PM
Gorgeous song Chester.
Video gives a good look at it too.

Thanks for reminding me.

Marty
Posted By: chesterb Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/22/23 04:39 PM
Gorgeous song Chester.
Video gives a good look at it too.

Thanks for reminding me.

Marty

I was at a TBLF show at the Hard Rock in Biloxi and the house band played this. The piano player nailed it and my jaw dropped I just stood there oblivious to everything but him on the keys. Good times, good memories. The line I like the most is "Ah but don't you believe them." Tried to live by that, I've been told a lot of things in life when it comes my skill level on many things and that just made me work harder. I was told that I could never do what I'm doing now, but I took a CAD program home and learned it myself. I'm close to 50 mill in designed trusses with very few errors and I get to work from home so I never believed it.

chesterb
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/22/23 07:49 PM
seems this thread has morphed fromobscure inspirational artists, to mainstream. I flipped back and saw Dave Stewart posted. Well, this song by Eurythmics and Dave and Annie, to me is one of the most beautiful songs ive heard in pop music. INCREDIBLE song, upliftingly melodic, great arrangement. Eurhytmics are a very underrated group inmho. Would i lie to u is another goodie. And unusual cause i normally dont like this kind of group.

Listen and enjoy!

Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/22/23 08:17 PM
I always considered the Eurythmics as highly rated.
Gorgeous song.

Personally never heard it. Thanks for posting it.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/26/23 09:46 PM
Some things are just fun to watch.
The little girl on the bass is a stitch.

Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/28/23 07:43 PM
For me, this is the most moving song that I have heard in a long time.

Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/28/23 08:32 PM
It's funny how some singers voices become "en vogue" if you turned on the radio today, thats the type of singer ud expect to hear, after a while, that sound will get dull and a new sound and hundreds of new singers like it will emerge.

Great song, havent heard it, will give it some more listens.I can certainly relate, i got a similar call when my Dad passed from my Mom. I was working a contract job, and shes like please leave that place and be with me. I did. Guy told me take as much time as you need, was very nice of him i had just started

Unfortunately death is a common theme that most people can relate to.

He finds a way to make it entertaining at the same time. I think you gotta try to look at it as a boyfriend girlfriend, relationship song, if you're not gonna get all choked up
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/28/23 09:00 PM
Some things are just fun to watch.
The little girl on the bass is a stitch.

That gil is actually a youtube star. Check out her videos and her vist with Stave Vai. He was so cool to her

and I love seeing kids playing in bands like this, great to see
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/28/23 09:02 PM
Agreed, at lunch, when the song came on the radio, right at first I heard what sounded like a very familiar top-40 singer-songwriter male vocal range, tone and inflections. But as I listened to the words I was drawn in, and then the chorus was another level of emotion.

Gorgeous song. Not many songs are this compelling, ever.
Posted By: chesterb Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/28/23 09:10 PM
Agreed, at lunch, when the song came on the radio, right at first I heard what sounded like a very familiar top-40 singer-songwriter male vocal range, tone and inflections. But as I listened to the words I was drawn in, and then the chorus was another level of emotion.

Gorgeous song. Not many songs are this compelling, ever.

Really good song, I have a similar idea I'm working on. I was going to call it "Never Have To Say Goodbye" A couple months ago my wife was cleaning out all the text and voice mail messages from her phone and stumbled upon a voice message from her Dad, the last one he would ever send her. He's been gone about 2 years now, thought it might make a good song, at least for her anyways.
Posted By: chesterb Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 05/01/23 11:18 PM
This is why we do what we do, check out the drummer's smile. If music ever becomes work, I'm hanging it up. This is absolutely the best version of this song. Gilmour is in his 70's and the last solo is the best rock solo ever.....
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 05/04/23 12:38 PM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 05/06/23 02:35 PM
Posted By: chesterb Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 05/20/23 11:58 PM
Crys wrote this song for my mother who had cancer. Played it at her funeral.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1T7CDh4w6PghT542Wg4flm?si=801cb1aa44f5401b

V1. It's been four years ago next month since the doctors sat you down,
but I could see the fight in your eyes like you were saying 'don't count me out'.
You dug your heels in, fought like hell and said, 'it ain't my turn.'
It's like the universe and you knew your family still had more to learn.
You saw your granddaughter become a mom (yeah, her baby's got your smile),
you saw your son come back home, and you got to see your baby walk down the aisle.
All in all I'd say that the life you lived and the sweet memories you're taking
ought to light your path to glory -- they ought to stop your heart from breaking.

Ch. So don't wait until you think she's ready.
You know she won't ever be.
Don't worry she'll be ok.
You'll know when it's time to leave.
Don't try to hide the pain in your eyes.
She always sees it all any way.
Rest your weary heart and mind —
I'm gonna take care of your baby.

V2. It was mid-week after dark when my baby got her mama's call,.
and in her voice she could tell you didn't have long -- nobody had to say it at all.
She hung the phone up, held on tight to me with tears running down her cheek.
By the looks of things you might have hours, you might have days or weeks.
They say a lady always knows when to leave, but I wish you had more time.
If it was up to me you know that we would never ever say goodbye.
All in all I guess that the cards we're dealt are good enough to keep us playing,
and hoping the house won't win again. Well I guess what I'm saying

Ch. Is don't wait until you think she's ready.

Bridge: The shock and pain, the bargaining,
and the loneliness will pass.
She'll work through losing you
if it takes everything she has.
All in all I'd say that the price you paid
for that borrowed time was worth it.
So when you see that light close your eyes --
whatever's next I hope it's perfect.

Ch. Don't wait until you think she's ready.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 06/05/23 02:23 PM
Just for fun...

Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 06/08/23 02:08 AM
I prolly posted this before, this guy is another genius singer songwriter who nobody knows. Hes from England but based in NYC. I doub t theres a better singer songwriter in New York. There might be better performers, better musicians roaming the streets of new york, but as a singer songwriter, not many better, WIllie NIle prolly.

Like lot of these ny indies ive mentioned willie nile, James, Jesse Malin, one thing they have in common is they all have started to lose their touch, lol. Its hard to write great song after great song for that long, but this was one of james that really hit home for me.

Mid life or beyond, maybe some of u guy are passed midlife already, but this is fuckin inspiring if i ever heard it
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 07/10/23 12:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Sse6EyEPz0g
Dar Williams one of the US's best...been at this for awhile...an early song

Posted By: JAPOV Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 07/20/23 01:38 AM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 08/23/23 11:10 PM
This guy is such a fascination.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/tUJx2DSYywM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 09/19/23 11:00 PM
Posted By: JAPOV Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 09/19/23 11:55 PM
A W E S O M E !!!
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 09/30/23 12:54 PM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 10/12/23 01:00 PM
Posted By: VNORTH2 Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 10/30/23 08:25 PM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 11/03/23 11:10 PM
Music, melody, mood, emotion... and then to a song and a song and a song and a song.

The original artist, Dominic Miller (instrumental)

Plus Sting's lyrics,

Plus Craig David's lyrics

Plus
Juice Wells

And other lovely things happen...

Back Story...
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 11/17/23 02:02 PM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 11/19/23 02:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/iP_5OK8ulUI

Just sit back, close your eyes and let the music take you away....repeat as desired

Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 12/01/23 12:24 AM
I can't really say why I find this video inspiring, but I do.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/A4EdagbP37s
Posted By: JAPOV Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 12/01/23 07:10 PM

[Chorus: Lil RT]
If she ain't suckin' dick, lil' bitch, you can get the [naughty word removed] up out my [naughty word removed]
Hundred round, hit him with the Glock, take a fucker down
Hundred round, bitch, we hittin' that kill, we gon' take him down
Twelve get behind me, we gon' do sixty fuckin' miles, yeah

[Verse 1: Lil RT]
Bitch, I'm in a Lamborghini, keep on talkin', bitch I'm in a Lamborghini
Point that beam up on his head
Took his [naughty word removed], he went out bad
Fifty rounds, nigga know not play wit' me
I'll shoot his ass right in the ground
Hand her out
Step on lil' bro grave, hit him in his face
If she gon' suck the dick, go crazy
Bitch, I'm in a Lamb, keep on talkin'
Hit him with this glam
Bitch, I hand up with the Glock
Hit him in the Porsche, hit him with the Glock
I'll take him down
Hit him in his face, make lil' bro drop like he okay
Bitch, I got the Glock up on my side
If he try to run, clap him in the leg, lil' nigga drop
Bitch, I'm in the sun
Bitch, I'm in Lamborghini, keep on talkin'
'Cause bitch, I'm in the sun
Bitch, I'll throw a bullet out there, hit you in your fuckin' face
And that bitch got switch up on the Glock
Hit him in the K, that bitch got blicked
Hit him in his face (Ah, ah)
She suck the dick just go crazy
Bitch, I'm in a Lamb he keep on talkin', hit him in the mouth
Bitch, I got a Draco up on this [naughty word removed], fifty round the glick
Hit him in the face, now lil' bruh, he a fuckin' bitch
Hundred round, hit him with the Glock, we never been took down
Hundred round, hit him with the Glock, we gon' take him down
Bitch, she wanna suck the dick
Bitch, I'm from the west side
Not from east side, lil' bitch, I'm from the west
Pussy boy, he tryna play
Hit him with the fuckin' drac'
That bitch got spent up on his day
Bitch, I'm 345, lil' baby

If she ain't suckin' dick, lil' bitch, you can get the [naughty word removed] up out my [naughty word removed]

[Verse 2: SCY Jimm]
In the Coupe with sixty fuckin' rounds (Yeah)
'Fore I go broke, I'm finna go and cop like sixty fuckin' pounds (On gang, nigga)
That nigga mad as hell, I took his bitch down (Yeah)
Really runnin' that bag up, why you niggas sit around? (Cmon, man)
If she ain't suckin' dick, she can get the [naughty word removed] up out my whip
All these blues on me, folks think I'm out here bangin' Crip (On gang)
She threw that neck on me, put it out and left her on her lip
Niggas start that flaggin', that's how niggas out here get killed
Rod clutchin', nigga play with me, I'm bustin'
Get 'em gone, I'on do no tusslin'
Hunnid racks inside my luggage
He want smoke, no, it's nothin'
She gon' go just 'cause I'm buzzin'
Big dawg, bitch, get up out my [naughty word removed] if you ain't fuckin'

Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 12/03/23 01:30 PM
Tony

I'm trying to post things here that people might enjoy.
If you can't resist the impulses to post things like this, would you please avoid the thread.

You are not doing your ongoing efforts to promote your Christian principles and views any favor by putting this up, on several levels...very much contrary..
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 12/06/23 01:56 PM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 12/06/23 02:03 PM
Posted By: JAPOV Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 12/06/23 02:50 PM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 12/07/23 01:18 AM

Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 12/10/23 07:19 PM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 12/11/23 02:27 AM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 12/21/23 01:07 AM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 12/25/23 04:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/lr4fDDaWyhU
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 12/27/23 12:06 AM
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 01/04/24 09:56 PM
Was searching through broadjam today and came across this. This was a time when The Boss was so famous he couldn't go out without being mobbed. Lately he's been showing up everywhere in freehold, his hometown.

Anyway , therefore everybody was trying to sound him/e street, including me and my band at time. I got alot of grief from anyone I tried to pitch to

This group had this song, which is so obviously a Springsteen tribute, except trying to make it about NORTH jersey, where I'm from too.

They got MASSIVE airplay on wdha which is still big here, and it seemed like these guys might take off. Didn't do much after

But, it's inspirational to me at least. I don't intentionally try to sound like Bruce any more, but the influence is still there

The kicker in this song is sax.. lol u don't do a sax solo like that and get away with it, at that time in NJ.

But really, it's a killer chorus, brings back memories

Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 01/04/24 10:32 PM
How famous he was at the time...

Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 01/08/24 04:34 AM
Beautiful version of this song...

Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 02/03/24 07:22 PM
A star is born.

Posted By: JAPOV Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 02/04/24 01:21 PM
That video is about 50 seconds too long...

But, it did inspire me to buy more more 12gauge cartridges grin
Posted By: JAPOV Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 02/04/24 05:31 PM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 02/04/24 06:11 PM
The post seems legit enough this time, Tony.
It is my hope that this thread doesnt turn into a political rant.
Having said that....

I heard about this topping the charts on the news. First time to see it.
IMO...it's another example of someone co-op-ing the very thing that they are condemning in order to bring aggrandizement for themselves.
IMO...this does not step back away from, and point out the "chaos," it cloaks itself in the trademarks of the chaos to the point of becoming part of the "chaos."

ps...that's going to be all I have to reply. Please dont run on and on about this here. You have your thread to do that on.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 02/06/24 12:22 AM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 02/06/24 02:04 PM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 02/10/24 11:17 PM
I was at the gym working out and this song came up randomly in my IHeart "workout play list." I was inspired to share it.

Posted By: JAPOV Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 02/11/24 01:27 AM
Dude...
I mean, DUDE!
What'cha thinkin' about!?
The post seems legit enough this time, Tony.
It is my hope that this thread doesnt turn into a political rant.
Having said that....

I heard about this topping the charts on the news. First time to see it.
IMO...it's another example of someone co-op-ing the very thing that they are condemning in order to bring aggrandizement for themselves.
IMO...this does not step back away from, and point out the "chaos," it cloaks itself in the trademarks of the chaos to the point of becoming part of the "chaos."

ps...that's going to be all I have to reply. Please dont run on and on about this here. You have your thread to do that on.

I agree. I like Tom McDonald as an indie artist bucking the system but Shapiro is a parasite in every way and to partner with him is a literal sell out both directions. Pathetic.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 02/11/24 02:18 PM
Dude...
I mean, DUDE!
What'cha thinkin' about!?

According to my watch, I was at the gym lifting weights and running for 1.5 hours yesterday.
I had headphones on the entire time and was listening to an IHeart Radio app called "your weekly workout"
Random tunes that play based on my my listening history and bpm...I guess.
Out of that 1.5 hours, I only remember two songs. A Luke Combs and this one.

I thought that made it worthy of sharing.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/16/24 03:16 PM
I dont think that this is AI? Not absolutely certain.

Posted By: JAPOV Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/16/24 10:06 PM
LMAO grin

Pause @1:02, 1st finger Dstring 2nd fret wink
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/18/24 11:39 PM
Posted By: VNORTH2 Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/24/24 01:52 PM
This isn't about music, but it sure is inspirational

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/23/sport/figure-skating-championships-deanna-stellato-dudek/index.html
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 03/24/24 03:27 PM
I convened a meeting of the ...Inspirational Videos Conformance Committee.
That includes my cat and dog and several imaginary dignitaries.
My dog was a asleep.
My cat refused to convene on the weekend.
The imaginary dignitaries did render an opinion, seen below;

"Though this is non-conforming, it is very inspirational and comes from a very well intentioned source.
Therefore we are happy to see it posted and extend our gratitude to Steve for putting it up."

How about her...

Marty
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/13/24 02:22 PM
The origin of the Trump Biden duet

Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/21/24 02:04 AM
Until Tonight, I never knew that this happened. If you like the blues, this will flood your body with endomorphins.
SRV and BB King

Posted By: Bill Draper Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/25/24 07:03 PM
Four AI Robots lol
Posted By: JAPOV Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/25/24 11:46 PM
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 04/26/24 09:20 PM
I've seen her Pink Floyd video.
She's incredible.
Great post
Posted By: Bill Draper Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 05/05/24 07:34 PM
Hey Everett, youtube video of Matthew Byrne, one of NL's own.

Posted By: Bill Draper Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 05/16/24 04:04 PM
Clone this AI...ha!
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 05/16/24 09:53 PM
Posted By: Bill Draper Re: Inspirational Videos Post Them Here - 05/20/24 08:16 PM
The ultimate pissing contest song...lol:
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards